Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist General Manager in overseeing and managing all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Assess staffing requirements, interviewing, hiring, and training of hourly staff.
- Hourly staff scheduling within budgeted guidelines.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Home office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 years of experience, supervisory experience; including alcoholic beverage service.
- Completed Alcohol Service Training Course
- Previous experience managing cost controls is plus
- Experience managing POS systems and daily cash controls.
- Operational knowledge of POS, cash handling procedures and reconciliation of cash banks
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Aloha POS, Compeat, Tripleseat and Hotschedules is s plus.
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a salaried position that is exempt from overtime pay. Our restaurants operate seven (7) days a week, excluding some holidays. A 50 hour work week is expected with hours that vary between 8 AM and 2 AM depending on location.
Culture and Operations:
Our AGMs must embody the Spirit of Hospitality and operate with the intent of ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! Our Managers and Chefs operate closely together to ensure we are always serving the highest quality food and beverage. Continued coaching and developing of all our staff in executing our service and guest satisfaction standards is a must. Our AGMs are leaders in living our Mission, Vision and Values.
The Assistant General Manager provides leadership and assistance to the General Manager to ensure that all team members are guest-focused and team-focused. The Assistant General Manager will exercise knowledge of restaurant operations, manage staff resources, provide counsel, develop and coach team members and help to build sales and profits while maintaining operating standards.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)