Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares all food items, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Assist cooks in the preparation of basic dessert items.
- Preps assigned items according to the Prep Lists and par levels set by management.
- Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
- Properly measures and assembles ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes. Cuts and/or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Maintain assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
- Comply with department’s dress code.
- Follow safety regulations, reporting injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Follow all designated uniform, grooming, safety and sanitation rules and regulations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to read and understand the English language.
- “ServSafe” Certified is a plus
- Basic mathematical skills for measurements
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Auditory and visual skills
- Knowledge of the Company’s food & beverage specifications.
- Organizational skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
- Kitchen equipment
- Coffee machines
- Chef's knives, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly paid position. Days of the week may vary according to business hours and job requirements. Business operates seven (7) days a week; and hours start as early as 7 AM and can go as late as 5 PM depending on the work required.
Our Cooks carry out our Vision of Being the Leading Purveyor of the Spirit of Hospitality by making sure Every Guest is Leaving Happy! This role will require fast paced service done with a smile and a high level of communication with guests, co workers, Managers and Chefs.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)